Personal Insurance

There are many types of insurance packages/coverages that can be purchased depending on the type of insurance you are looking for. At Chambers Olson Ltd. we help you find the coverage that fits your needs. Below is a general idea of what coverages can be purchased depending on the policy type.

Homeowners, Condominium and Tenants Insurance are generally purchased on a package basis.

  • Homeowners Packages generally includes coverage’s for your Dwelling, Outbuildings, Personal Property, Additional Living Expenses and Personal Liability.
  • Condominium Packages generally include Personal Property, Additional Living Expenses, Unit Improvements and Betterments, Loss Assessment, Unit Additional Protection and Personal Liability.
  • Tenants Packages generally include Personal Property, Additional Living Expenses and Personal Liability.

The above packages also have the option of adding on extra coverages. These extra coverages can include earthquake, schedule articles coverage such as jewellery, bicycles and computers, home business coverage, water damage coverage and more.

Floating Home Insurance is unique to Chambers Olson Ltd and includes the same coverages as the Homeowners Package with the option of including Marine Perils. Since the home is located on water Marine Perils is purchased instead of the earthquake package. Marine Perils includes sinking, stranding, collision, salvage and tsunami.

Rented Dwelling can be purchased on a package basis or an itemized basis. Coverages can include Dwelling, Landlord’s Contents, Outbuildings, Rental Income and Premises Liability. Other coverage’s such as Earthquake and Water Damage are also available.

Course of Construction is available if you are doing a major renovation or building a home. Remember for new construction coverage normally needs to be purchase no later than the poured concrete stage and for major renovations, we need to be notified prior to work commencing.

Boat Insurance can be purchased for your Vessel and includes Attachments, Personal Effects, Trailers, Tenders and Auxiliary Motors and Protection and Indemnity (liability). Water activities need to be reported to ensure you have proper coverage.

Hard to Place Risk includes risks that are vacant dwellings, risks with multiple claims, risk that have been denied insurance by other carriers, risk with knob and tube wiring.

Payment Options

MasterCard, Visa, Monthly Payments, or Cheque.


If you have any questions please feel free to call us at 604-734-2288 or email